Advertisements

Fat Boys: An awesome restaurant for everyone (not just fat people!)

Fatboys is one of those really special and unique restaurants that the Bacolod Food Hunters found by sheer serendipity.  We were driving along when we drove into 22nd street by mistake… and by sheer chance found this absolute gem of a restaurant!  Of course we had to go in and check it out!

Fat Boys!!

The restaurant has huge glass windows and from the front you can see very interesting decorations (which made us stop the car in the first place.) Alright the decorations settled it for me us… (Martin Banana loves art)  We were dining at Fat boys tonight!

The interior of Fatboys

First the decor.  The Place is decorated with fantastic art and sentences all modeled from clay and stuck on the walls.  They’re quite soft so you shouldn’t go touching them..

Monsters!! These are fantastic!

These phrases all mean one thing: Have a good time here at Fatboys

Joe gamely poses right next to this sign.

Ok, enough about art.  Lets talk about the food.  Fatboys has a LOT of awesome choices and since this was our first time here, we decided to take the waitress’ recommendations.  We certainly weren’t disappointed.

First of all we had some fantastic buffalo wings as appetizers.  We were initially thinking that the wings would be tiny but when the dish appeared we were pleased!

Buffalo wings! The sauce is fantastic!

Next we had their special garlicky sisig.  It was awesome with the garlic taste perfectly complementing the egg..

Fatboys sisig! Awesome!!

We also had their panfried chicken which was a hit with everyone.  For one thing, the serving size is HUUUUGE.  Enough to share with three people.  The herbed butter is a nice touch and lends flavor to the chicken.

Pan fried chicken!!

Finally we tried their longganisa burger.  It came with a generous amount of potato chips, a sunny side up egg and an awesome sauce.  To be honest Joe, who ordered this dish had never tasted any forms of longganisa burger before felt uncomfortable with the sweetish taste of the burger.

“What do you expect man, it’s longganisa.  It’s made from sausages!”  Pat and I both laughed at him..  We found the burger to be just perfect.

Longanisa burger!!

Fatboys still has a lot of amazing dishes that we haven’t tried yet.  We’re still going back for more!  Please give this amazing restaurant a try!  You won’t be disappointed.

Fatboys is located at 22nd street Bacolod city. contact numbers are: 09333156427 / 09333995648

Advertisements

Tags: , , , , , ,

Categories: Fatboys

Subscribe to our RSS feed and social profiles to receive updates.

20 Comments on “Fat Boys: An awesome restaurant for everyone (not just fat people!)”

1. March 4, 2012 at 2:28 pm #

We went to Fat Boys today, Sunday, to check them out for lunch but they were closed! We will check them out another day.

2. Martin Banana
    March 4, 2012 at 11:58 pm #

I’m sorry that Fatboy’s was closed! I’m sure that your son would enjoy it a lot, it’s very fun and colorful inside, almost like a kids room. Please do try and go back… It’s really nice!

3. March 5, 2012 at 5:46 am #

Thanks, Martin. We will go to Fat Boys on another day, other than Sunday in the future. From the photos, I knew our son would enjoy Fat Boys and he saw the photos, too. He was excited to go.

4. Raul Javelosa
    March 6, 2012 at 8:31 am #

Hi Guys! We are actually open Sundays, though we only operate from 5pm to 10pm. Feel free to text us via our contact numbers if you would like to confirm first so that we can maximize the use of your time. Oh, and thanks for the great article! Uncalled for, yet, very much appreciated! =)

5. Zeegela
    March 6, 2012 at 2:50 pm #

Will check out this place with my friends soon 🙂 Thanks for Sharing!

6. March 8, 2012 at 6:59 am #

Pat and Joseph! This is your blog gle? Nice one guid. =) I’ve heard about Fatboys but could never figure out there location.

7. April 3, 2012 at 6:14 pm #

i love your blog! my friend and i have been planning to go to Bcd just to go on a food trip, good thing i discovered your blog! i’ll be using this as reference hehe

• Martin Banana
      April 4, 2012 at 11:15 pm #

thanks!

8. April 13, 2012 at 1:30 am #

naku martin, it’s just a bangga away from bob’s… im happy it’s accessible and it’s near lacson!

btw, don’t you want to “review” Farina’s Cafe? hahahaha

• Martin Banana
      April 15, 2012 at 4:18 pm #

hehehehe no medicare yet doctor!

9. Billy
    May 17, 2012 at 2:39 pm #

I’ve been searching for other restaurants that I haven’t tried yet within the Metro and luckily I was brought here by Google! After seeing this article I’ll certainly check this place out! Thanks a lot for sharing! Really appreciate it!

Great blog site btw! 🙂

10. aybee
    May 25, 2012 at 5:39 pm #

hell!?! nver thought na my Fatboy’s sa Bacolod… goodness im too near to the location but nver thought of it evrsince!

i should visit this place pretty soon.

11. JayJay
    June 4, 2012 at 1:14 am #

Hello! Your review of Fatboy’s convinced me to convince my friends to try it out – but we were disappointed. Their food was either bland (I had the pan-fried chicken and the french fries) while my friends had the tocino. My sister ordered the burger steak and it was barely cooked. We also had a pitcher of iced tea, but there was nothing special to it. It tasted like the 10-peso iced tea our school canteen is selling. Although I have to say that we instantly fell in love with the decors, we will never go back there again. I honestly think that the resto is over-rated. Just my two cents.

12. JayJay
    June 4, 2012 at 1:15 am #

** either bland or too sweet.

• Martin Banana
      June 4, 2012 at 3:02 am #

Sorry about your bad experience.. Probably they had an off day? Usually the food is great.

13. mina
    June 5, 2012 at 7:06 am #

Can I ask for the price range of the meals here? 😀

14. August 5, 2012 at 4:17 pm #

Hi! Are the meals are affordable? Do you their menu list?

15. August 5, 2012 at 4:21 pm #

*Do you have their menu list?

16. August 8, 2012 at 5:20 pm #

Went there, ate there, love it there! :))

17. September 20, 2014 at 4:25 pm #

Went there recently…. loved their Ultimate Burger Steak, Bacon and garlic pasta.
    Their Giant Back Ribs are okay but the sauce was too sweet for my taste…but overall my 3 teen children loved the food.