About these ads

Negros Museum Cafe: YOU MUST VISIT THIS NOW!!

The best restaurant in Bacolod is the totally excellent Negros Museum Cafe.  Located right beside the Bacolod Negros Museum, the museum cafe has been surprisingly passed over by many people.

If you haven’t been to the Negros Museum Cafe, you are totally missing out on a wonderful gastronomic experience.

The Dining area is a wide, well lit room that takes advantage of the natural sunlight.  Fresh flower/plant arrangements adorn the tables.  Don’t be misled by the lack of diners.  This is a  hidden gem of a cafe.  A real diamond in the rough.

Negros Museum cafe

The food counter is well lit and well arranged.  Don’t be afraid to whip out your camera and take pics!  Feel free to browse the menu… which contains… some of the best of what Bacolod and Negros Occidental has to offer!    Luscious cured Ham from Talisay, Bacolod Spiced Pork belly, Fresh made cheese from La Carlotta,   Fresh baked Black sesame Bread, Corn Bread and whole wheat Bread!

And for those who want a strong drink with their meal, the Negros Museum cafe brews its own RUM!

A treasure trove of Goodies!

We suggest you try their totally excellent sandwiches (you choose what kind of bread to use!)  Whatever sandwich you chose, the bread is lovingly toasted, buttered and laden with generous amounts of premium Bacolod meats, fresh vegetables, herbs and home made atchara!

One of Museum Cafe’s absolutely delicious sandwiches! (smoked Bacon on Black sesame bread.)

One of their seasonal sandwiches, Smoked blue Marlin on whole wheat bread.

If you’re in the mood for something more elaborate and substantial try out their specials of the week!

A dinner of Pork belly with Tuba sauce with a salad and organic brown rice

If you want rice, you can have Bacolod organic brown rice..

Stuffed Moroccan Sardines with Salad and Brown Rice.

The Bacolod Food hunters were totally enchanted by the Negros Museum Cafe!

Bacolod Food Hunter Patricia enjoys one of the cafe’s exquisite drinks!

Of course, no meal is complete without dessert and the Museum cafe has one of the most delicious apple cakes ever!

We absolutely love this cake.  It is filling and caps off every meal so well.

Apple Tarte Tatin:  French upside down cake.

Their rum raisin cupcake is sinfully addicting!

They bake their own bread and there is a staggering variety to chose from!

Black sesame bread, French baguette, and corn bread :-)

Fancy a cup of their kanlaon brew coffee? You can get three kinds of sugar, white muscovado and brown served with fresh milk.

They also have their own pasteurized yogurt. Topped with fresh fruits, this is VERY good.

We were able to catch a few art exhibits while dining at the museum cafe.  Yes, the museum exhibits works by local artists.

A delightful sculpture of boys playing with marbles

Paintings of the ruins.

This is beautiful!

Absolutely breath-taking! But not as breath taking as the FOOD!!

So come on and visit the Negros Museum Cafe!  We recommend you guys also take a tour of the Negros Museum! You certainly won’t regret it.  We love it so much… We’re systematically eating through everything on the menu.   :-)   Operating days are from TUESDAY to SUNDAY.

Five Bitter Balls (Breaded Meatballs with Herbs and cheese.)

Spiced pork belly and tomato chutney!

For those who want a drink, the Negros Museum cafe also has a bar and they can whip up a lot of drinks.  Here they show us how to make Bacolod Sunrise.

THE MUSEUM CAFE ALSO HAS WEEKLY SPECIALS!   Get on their mailing list and receive updates on their specials of the week! Want to be on the mailing list?  Please leave us a message with your e-mail in the comments section and we’ll add/forward their weekly menu to you.

Try out the 360 panoramas I took of the place! Click the photos and allow them to load!

Click to view the 360 panorama of the interior. It takes a while for it to load so wait a while.

Click to view the 360 panorama of the exterior. It takes a while for it to load so wait a while.

bacolodsignature

About these ads

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Negros Museum Cafe

Author:Martin Banana

Martin Banana loves Bacolod, Good Food and Photography. He is the one of the two founding members of the Bacolod Food Hunters.

Subscribe to our RSS feed and social profiles to receive updates.

46 Comments on “Negros Museum Cafe: YOU MUST VISIT THIS NOW!!”

1. coffee princess
    September 26, 2011 at 1:19 pm #

wow! as in wow! foods looks very yummy! but for sure mahal ang food. grabe super enjoy ko ang blog nyo. every other day gina-check ko gid ang blog nyo to check sa diin nami mag-kaon. may ara lang some restos na d ok sa taste bud. but in summary super helpful gid ang inyo nga blogs. my share lang ko, last week may ara ko na-discover nga isa ka coffeeshop nga barato kag nami ang food. ara sa galo street lapit sa brgy. hall.

• September 26, 2011 at 3:51 pm #

In the contrary, no. :) An approx. PhP500 can already feed your average family in the Museum Café, a far cry from Manila sosy coffee shops which would only be able to serve one and still leave one unsatisfied. :))

• coffee princess
        September 27, 2011 at 1:10 pm #

thanks Mark. like what i said with Martin i-try ko gid i-visit buas. hopefully wala na gid buas raining cats & dogs

2. Martin Banana
    September 26, 2011 at 1:47 pm #

Thanks for being a fan of the blog. Please visit the cafe. It’s AWESOME! The prices are very very cheap! 90-100 pesos ang isa ka sandwich, same price you pay at Jollibee for an unhealthy meal of soda, a burger and fries. It’s super healthy!

• coffee princess
      September 27, 2011 at 1:03 pm #

thanks Martin sa infos! buas gid for sure i-try ko gid makaon. i knew the chef actually, my friend told me earlier kun sin-o and yup he’s one of the best chef kay sobra ka metikuloso gid sa iya.

3. Ralphy
    September 26, 2011 at 1:54 pm #

Looks delicious I have been to the museum but never the cafe I will be sure to try it. nice review!

4. fattygoddess
    September 26, 2011 at 3:38 pm #

5. October 5, 2011 at 2:29 am #

Would like to invite you to try SCOOPS ICE CREAM BAR at Capitol Subdivision Bldg. 15th Street & Lacson, beside L’Fisher hotel. Try our ice cream preparations, we only use FRUITS IN ICE CREAM. We also have our hot, comfort food like burgers, chicken-turkey hotdog, tuna melt, spaghetti, chilli con carne, chilli dog and chilli burgers…We use Australian beef and our patties are 200 gms of pure beef. Come try our fruit parfaits, sundaes, ala modes, milkshakes, & others. Experience guiltless indulgence with our line of 100% sugar-free & 95% fat-free ice cream flavors too.

6. Ana Rivera
    October 5, 2011 at 6:30 am #

To Guido and Gemma, congratulations! More power to your authentic foods….My friends from Manila and in other countries can’t wait to visit Bacolod, see you there very soon!!! Please prepare my favorite meal which I can’t forget (sea eel with tomatoe paste & herbs, and Cassava fries) plus red wine…ooooooooohhhh….. I loved it!!! I love your cuisine !!!! I miss you guys!

7. starvinmarvin
    October 5, 2011 at 12:57 pm #

Great reccomendation, but amazingly quiet, hope they continue as its the cleanest resto in town with refreshingly different menu. Dutch owned I think.

8. JULIA MONCADA
    October 5, 2011 at 10:53 pm #

It is International Standard Cafe stransported!
    The right place to bring in MASSKARA guest who wants foods not common to the local restaurants. Congratulations!
    Locals who wants to savor the tatse of what is seen should visit this place.
    There is an artist if food preparation..thanks to Guido Nissen!

9. rage
    October 24, 2011 at 2:21 am #

Been here yesterday (Sunday) for lunch. Had the spiced pork belly, but I think it’s mango chutney, not tomato.. Also got their fresh ginger-lime juice drink, and since it rained so hard that I thought I’m gonna be stuck there for a while, I ordered batangas brewed coffee and my new fave… cinnamon bread with cinnamon ice cream (funny though that tasting this reminds me of USA, maybe the smell of cinnamon, hehehe). Anyways, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED… Bravo!!! Magnifique!!! Great review BTW, Martin B.

• rage
      October 24, 2011 at 2:25 am #

P.S. Definitely going there again for the rest… would love to try their sandwiches and hams of Negros. Curious about the Satay Baboy w/ Peanut Sauce and the Bitter Balls too. :-)

10. The Negros Museum
    October 24, 2011 at 7:24 am #

Thank you very much for your blog and for the people who have been reading this blog. We hope that you continue to visit us every week :) We have specials of the week. We will try to post our weekly specials on our blog: negrosmuseum.blogspot.com. – The Negros Museum and Museum Cafe

11. November 14, 2011 at 9:56 am #

hi martin, very nice and yummy review… :) it’s really a special place!

12. salvador chan jr
    March 26, 2012 at 4:42 am #

wow sarap nmn nito. haha. tga bacolod ako pero d ko pinansin ung cafe sa museum namin. haha. tnx for the advice. ehhe.

• Martin Banana
      March 27, 2012 at 9:36 am #

glad you like it!

13. mimi
    May 30, 2012 at 5:37 am #

hi. open mn cla kng dinner tym? like mga9 or 10pm?

14. Ice
    June 10, 2012 at 1:42 pm #

We dropped by there on our way to 888 just this afternoon. We would never have thought of it if it wasn’t for your review; and we would never have read your review if we didn’t look up sodam in google! Hehe.

Just like sodam, you get a little something extra… In the service, in the food, and… In the venue. We loved it!!

For the sandwiches, you get to choose from several healthy options for bread then pair it with a classy and delectable “Palaman” of your choice. The coffee options are limited and though we only tried one, we had no regrets… Even the water served has a hint of citrus fruit. The service is outstanding.

Now for the interesting part: the room lacked air conditioning but was well ventilated and kept at a comfortable cool temperature with the room’s high ceiling and at least three industrial strength fans! We usually prefer air conditioned venues but for this little gem, we were glad to make the exception. the room is decorated with art exhibits that frequently change. Food is art… and art is food.

Just writing this comment, already makes us miss the sandwiches and the great time we had there.

Hint: bring your special someone and just to be safe, have at least P300-P500 ready for both of you. Be a little brave also when going to the restroom. *wink wink.* it’s an old museum building after all.

Highly recommended. We hope the level of satisfaction never fades. Keep it up.

~ A&M

• Martin Banana
      June 10, 2012 at 10:57 pm #

Glad you liked it!!
      What did you order?

15. Ice
    June 11, 2012 at 3:34 am #

Smoked bacon on sesame bread, bacon with 10 herbs on French baguette, And a cup of batangas coffee.

• Martin Banana
      June 11, 2012 at 6:35 am #

Great choice!

16. June 16, 2012 at 7:05 am #

Marts, I went to this cafe…it was nice (for lack of a better term…)—nice kitchen, nice food, nice service and the nice thought that the menus are “rotated” or specials are changed from time to time. I ate lunch there together with my brother (and I actually forgot what I ate, I forgot to bring my cam).

also, I once had a cab ride wherein the driver told me that a foreigner passenger once bought him coffee from the Negros Museum and it was divine! hehehe

—your resident, somewhere in this public hospital

• Martin Banana
      June 17, 2012 at 12:14 am #

hahahhahahha. Thanks!!

17. MJA
    June 23, 2012 at 5:35 am #

I was very fascinated about the Negros Museum Cafe every time I pass by that area, I thought it’s more about coffees and teas and only scarce are visiting there. But thanks to this blog, now I have the reason to drop by there and taste the gem of Bacolod or should I say Negros. I hope the prices were reasonable so I can invite more friends here.

18. Marsz
    July 5, 2012 at 12:19 pm #

what are the business hours of the cafe? are they accepting credit cards? I would like to take a bunch of my team to dinner there

• Martin Banana
      July 5, 2012 at 1:13 pm #

business hours are 11am-10pm.. No they don’t have facilities to accept credit cards unfortunately :-(

19. September 27, 2012 at 10:12 am #

great blog…will be going to Bacolod this November to celebrate the birthday of my travel buddy…this negros cafe sounds interesting..will definitely be visiting the place…i can’t wait being a foodie goddess myself…*wink*…

20. Elsie Gonzaga
    October 23, 2012 at 3:36 am #

kindly email me your weekly specials to limejuice411@aol.com. Looking fwd & thank you!

21. impnerd
    October 31, 2012 at 7:13 am #

Wow. It looks absolutely delicious. From a few people I heard the food wasn’t very good, but it looks incredible. I’ll definitely have to check it out and then smack those guys around if it is as awesome as it looks.

BTW, any idea on what area of Negros makes corn bread? Corn bread is something I can’t do without. I grew up eating the stuff all the time in the US.

• Martin Banana
      October 31, 2012 at 10:55 am #

Um.. Museum cafe is the only one making corn bread here. you can try BOBS if they have cornbread

• impnerd
        November 9, 2012 at 5:37 am #

Bob’s doesn’t serve it. Besides, the last couple of times my wife and I ate at Bob’s it was completely horrible. We enjoyed it the first few times we ate there, but now, for whatever reason, it’s quality went down by quite a lot. They are using cheap ingredients, not cooking their food properly (way under cooked pork), and their rice is old and nasty. Their prices simply aren’t worth it, too.

22. richard and nerissa rosendale.
    December 21, 2012 at 1:12 am #

iam looking foward to visiting. it will be nice to have some good bread, plus many other things you mention. i came across your blog whilr looking where to buy fresh herbs in bacolod. still no success. richard

• Martin Banana
      December 21, 2012 at 6:09 am #

Have you tried the organic market behind the Capitol lagoon? They have herbs.. If they don’t have what you’re looking for, you can ask them and they’ll gladly point you to people who grow herbs in Bacolod

23. January 1, 2013 at 12:26 am #

pls include me in the Negros Museum Cafe’s mailing list. Thanks! Great reviews BTW! Am a fan of your blog!

24. oliver
    January 14, 2013 at 5:10 am #

thank God for this website..n0w i will no longer have problems looking a place for a date with my girlfriend…Keep it up Guys..God bless you with more money and more space for your belly to search other possible good places to eat here in bacolod..

• Martin Banana
      January 14, 2013 at 7:08 am #

Haha! Thanks

25. Jeric
    January 24, 2013 at 1:24 am #

Finally was able to visit this museum cafe last week. It was the usual saturday routine with my parents and If I’m with them we usually eat on old time favorite restaurants like bobs, pendy’s, apollo, roli’s and etc. But this time I told them to be a little bit adventurous and try out other restaurants. At first, they were a little hesitant because it might be pricey and don’t know how to order. So I just told them to try it out, and there we go.

At first, as expected, I don’t know what food to order and looked for the cheapest sandwich, luckily prices ranges from 100-150. So I’m okay with that and ordered the roast pork (not sure of the name) and the waitress asked me what bread would I pair. I was a bit startled coz I don’t know what are those breads are except for the wheat bread. haha.. So I asked questions and the waitress showed me their breads. Okay, so we ordered another one, smoked chicken sandwich.

When the food arrived, we find the serving small but after eating them, we felt very full. So don’t be discourage of the size. We paid around 450pesos all in all, 2 sandwiches and 2 fruit juices for the 3 of us. Not bad for a fancy place with a healthy food selection.

Recommended to those who want to try out new places..

• Martin Banana
      January 26, 2013 at 5:18 am #

Thank you so much for your note! I’m sure it will be a big help for people who are interested in dining at this place.

26. Lady Christine
    February 27, 2013 at 1:30 pm #

hi! i just want to thank this blog. when i first visited the negros museum last november, i thought their cafe is just like a cafeteria. but when i read your blog, i made sure i will visit the cafe which i did last january. my boyfriend and i like the place so much that it will be the venue of our wedding and reception this december.
    i know that my guests, most of all, will be coming from manila will love the place and of course, the great food and drinks!
    so thanks for the introduction to this great place!

• Martin Banana
      February 28, 2013 at 4:30 am #

I’m so glad you love the place!! Congratulations and Best wishes on your wedding.

27. raffy
    March 2, 2013 at 4:17 pm #

bacolod foodhunters is done, there’s no more updates last february 2013

• Martin Banana
      March 2, 2013 at 5:00 pm #

Was on hiatus as I had commitments. Hope to be updating soon with a special on bees!

28. March 18, 2013 at 7:36 am #